Wat Phra Yuen (วัดพระยืน (พฤทธมหาสถาน) ลำพูน) Lamphun Wat Phra Yuen is located at 1 Mu 1 Ban Phra Yuen, Tambon Wiang
Yong. To get there, cross the Kuang River and go along Highway
114. Turn left into Highway 1029 and drive on for about 500 metres.
Originally called Wat Phruettha Mahasathan, the temple was built
around 1063 - 1068 by Phrachao Thammikkarat, the king of
Hariphunchai. Standing Buddha images are enshrined in the four
directions of the pagoda which has a form of a Mondop. The
decoration on its top part comprises a five-pinnacled chedi. The
principal chedi includes a bell-shaped pagoda surrounded by small
round ones, similar to the Ananda Temple in Pagan, Myanmar, and Phra
Chedi Wat Pa Sak in Chiang Rai province. For details, Tel: 0 5353 0135.