Wat Phra That Hariphunchai Woramahawihan วัดพระธาตุหริภุญชัยวรมหาวิหาร ลำพูน
Wat Phra That Hariphunchai Woramahawihan (วัดพระธาตุหริภุญชัยวรมหาวิหาร ลำพูน) Lamphun Wat Phra That Hariphunchai situated in the heart of the Lamphun town, was built during the reign of King Arthitayarat, a descendant of Queen Chamthewi some 800 years ago. One of itsmost noteworthy landmarks is the 46-meter tall golden Chedi or Buddhist stupa, whose present featuresare the result of careful restoration work in 1443 by a Chiang Mai king. The temple has long been regarded as an important place of Buddhist worship.
Other architectural works include the temple’s ancient-style brick arch, which is adorned with fine designs, and the pair of sculptured lions at the door. There is also a square-shaped Chedi and a Khmer-style Buddha statue.
The temple, located in AmphoeMueang’sTanonInthaYongyot, is open from 6.00 am-6.00 pm. The entrance fee is 20 baht. Visit www.hariphunchaitemple.org or call 0 5351 1104for more information.