Wat Phanan Choeng (วัดพนัญเชิง พระนครศรีอยุธยา) Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya This monastery located south of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya has no record as to its date of construction or the person causing its construction. It existed before Ayutthaya was founded as the capital. The principal image in the Wihan called “Phrachao Phananchoeng” was built in A.D. 1325 ; it is made of stucco in the attitude of subduing evil ; considered beautiful, it is most revered by the inhabitants of Ayutthaya.
It is open everyday from 8.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. Admission fee is 20 baht.
For more information Tel: 0 3524 1708.